Wednesday 23 December 2020

Better times ahead (please!)

I have to say that I would have been happy to live out my days without experiencing a global pandemic, without having a front row seat for the increasingly erratic Trump presidency, and without watching from afar as the country of my birth puts itself through the self-imposed agonies of Brexit. Having to endure all three in one years has been, shall we say, something of a challenge.

But....the vaccines are rolling out, Trump is on the way out, and once the UK is actually out (of the EU), perhaps the future there can start to take shape. So maybe, after a tough first quarter, 2021 can be a better year, though it is likely to be many years before all of the damage inflicted by 2020 can be repaired.

Thank you to all who have read any of this blog over the past year. I hope to see you again in the new year. Best wishes for Christmas, and here's hoping for a much happier and safer 2021. 

Jim 

No comments: